Commercial Bakery Wastewater Pretreatment Systems
PROVIDING DESIGN-BUILD TURNKEY SOLUTIONS TO MEET THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF BAKED GOOD PRODUCTION
Gannett Fleming led in-plant assessments, sampling programs, and permit assistance, including agency negotiations and support, for wastewater pretreatment systems at four separate, large-scale commercial bakeries. We provided design-build turnkey mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural engineering; instrumentation controls programming; and system implementation including start-ups, training, and full commissioning.
The systems include both greenfield and retrofit projects with capacities up to 100,000 gallons per day. They feature up to 330 gallons per minute primary and secondary submersible lift stations, equalization tanks, dissolved air flotation (DAF) systems, and decant tanks.
What We Did
Our work focused on optimizing solutions for unique bakery wastewater pretreatment needs: removing suspended solids and floatable fats, oils, and grease (FOG), as well as dissolved biodegradable components. By providing in-plant load and water-reduction assessments and sampling programs, we identified ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
The work included supporting compliance with spill prevention, control, and countermeasures (SPCC) and stormwater pollution prevention program (SWPPP) requirements, as well as environmental, health, and safety (EHS) personnel compliance and operator training to facilitate safe and effective system operations.
- Solutions optimizing the removal of FOG and other wastewater components to meet the pretreatment needs of commercial bakeries.
- Design for large and small greenfield and retrofit projects to address client needs.
- Support for environmental and safety requirement compliance.
- In-plant assessments identify improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Design-build turnkey approach facilitates efficient, on-time delivery.
- Agency negotiations support regulatory compliance.a
U.S. and Canada